Sunday, July 1, 2012

May 2012

For Mother's Day this year the family got to skype, which was pretty cool to get to see everyone.
Happy Mothers Day.  I don't think I said that over Skype yesterday.  And for dinner yesterday we ate horse.  Yeah actual horse.  Tongans eat it.. It was actually really good.  I liked it.  I really enjoyed talking to all of you yesterday.

My week so far has been interesting.  I have been sick for most of it.  I went to the doctor and they gave me some antibiotices.  So we didn't get a whole lot of work done this week.  And it was stake conference this past weekend.  We had 2 members of the sevendy come up for it.  Elder Dunken and Elder Call.  So we had lots of meetings with them on saturday and sunday.  We have and investigator who is close to baptism, she just needs to get married to her less active boyfriend.  They are working on it and want to get married, they are just working out all of the details.  So we will probably have a baptism here in a few weeks.  Something I wish I had learned better back home dad was how important members were in missionary work.  We the members should be providing the missionaries with people to see.  Missionaries are called to preach the gospel, not find people to teach.  So maybe you could use part of that some how.

I am still sick and will probably go back to the doctor again today.  I have been sick all last week and haven't been able to work like at all which is frustrating.  Oh so last week I forgot to tell you that I had my first earthquake (at least that I felt).  It was a 4.7 i think.  It was pretty crazy haha.  But Nothing really eventful happened.  We also had Elder Dunken and Elder Call from the Sevendy come up for our Stake conference.  It was pretty cool.  I think one of the favorite scriptures I read this week is one in Romans, where is says something like shake off the darkness and put on the armor of light.  I need to keep my armor of light of and keep the darkness off.

No comments:

Post a Comment