Sunday, April 29, 2012

March 2012




We moved to our new place on Saturday.  And we did got our transfer calls.  Elder Kafoa is staying and I am going to North Anchorage to be a Zone Leader with E. Boyer.  I have served around him and I like him a lot.  So it will be a lot of fun.  I wanted to stay longer but the Lord needs me to go to anchorage.  And yes there are missionaries in the Yukon.  They are in Whitehorse.

My investigators are doing well, and elder kafoa is ok with the transfer.  We had a really powerful lesson with Jimmy.  We commited him to come to general conference and read out of the book of mormon which was huge! for him.  I am glad that he is making progress.

My companion is Elder Boyer from Las Vegas.  He has been out for 16 months.  We are in the Campbell park ward which was the Assistants are so they kept it going really well.  We have a really nice place to live in.  Probably one of the nicest in the mission.  Being a zone leader is stressful sometimes.  We are planning for zone conference, which we have a lot to plan for and its on Wednesday and since Elder Boyer and I are both new to the area we had no clue what the previous planning meeting consisted of.  But we got everything ironed out last night in a planning meeting with president and the AP's even though we were planning till 11pm.  But it is a lot of fun being a Zone Leader.

So when Elder Boyer and I got into the area we both felt a strong impression to learn a new language.  And Elder Boyer feels like he needs to learn Russian and I felt like needed to learn Tongan.  So that's what we are both poring all of our spare time in now.  President Beesly speaks some Russian so he gave some material and CD's to him and I have a little book that helps me learn the lessons.  So we are going today to a book store to find me a Tongan English dictionary.

Last time I was in Anchorage I was in a different zone so this is new for me, I haven't seen anyone from my last ward up here but I will keep a look out.  The work in this ward is really hopping so we are excited to be able to help the ward.  The ward mission leader is so awesome he has lots of plans to help us out.  I love the gospel, something Elder Boyer and I are doing is praying every hour and we pray for the gift of tongs and interpretation of tongs in every prayer.  We have come a long way in just a week.  Reading the scriptures in Tongan helps me get the feel of the language much faster than if you read anything else, that is a huge blessing!

Zone conference was awesome.  We learned a lot of cool things.Here in Alaska we have a pair of missionaries in each ward.  So many companionship's make up a district.  So many districts make up a zone.  So our zone encompasses a whole stake.  And there only 7 stakes in Alaska.

Elder Boyer and I get along great.  He is a great missionary and a great person.  We have wanted to serve together for our whole missions.  As a zone leader we don't have a lot of free time and what little free time we do have we are studying our new languages.  But just a few days ago I said my first prayer all in Tongan!  But as a zone leader now we get a lot more time around President Beesley which is great because he is a spiritual giant.

No comments:

Post a Comment